Monthly Review: Velocity Telephone’s Virtual Office – a voip Product
Ever wonder about a product, its key features, other companies’ opinions, etc., BEFORE you go out and purchase it? The truth is, oftentimes businesses are wowed at demo’s with fast-talk, and lots of intrigue but never really have the chance to dig deep into a particular product. So, before you go and spend your businesses hard-earned cash on a less-than-ideal investment, be sure to get full reviews from un-biased persons, such as ourselves, and educate yourself on the product before you purchase it.
This month we will be reviewing Virtual Office – a voip Velocity Telephone product, and one we currently use at our own office! Besides product information, we will also provide personal likes on the product we use straight from the employees at Integrated Communications, as well as information on how you can schedule a demo for this business phone at your company.
PRODUCT: Virtual Office; a Hosted VOIP system
COMPANY FIT: This product can fit companies of a large scale, from a 1-2 person at home office to a multi-site company with thousands of employees
FEATURES: Multiple line appearances, call transferring, 3-way conference call, mute, hold, forwarding, speed dials, flexibility in users – limitless expandability, and functions in many works spaces (including home offices, call centers, and virtual call centers), multiple handset options for virtual office, call recording, call blocking, system-wide busy lamp, unified messaging, caller ID, outbound call rejection, video-conferencing capability, admin login user information for customization of product, internal and external conference bridging, call center packaging options, and many other unique packaging and feature options to fit most business needs
HANDSET OPTIONS: Virtual office comes equip with 4 different handset options; Grandstream GXP2124 is a top choice phone featuring 4 dedicated line keys, HD audio quality, integrated web applications, back-lit LCD, key extensions, and many other customizable options and features; Grandstream GXP285 involves easy installation, hand-free duplex speakerphone, 2 call appearances, and is the most cost effective handset for small businesses; Grandstream GXP2100 is an easy-to-use 4 line telephone, supports integrated power-over-ethernet best for both small businesses and enterprise customers; Grandstream GXP2120 comes equip with a high resolution graphic LCD, best fit with executive offices and advanced enterprise users
EMPLOYEE REVIEWS: The users at Integrated Communications appreciate many of the products features, and all seem to have our personal favorite; a few key features liked about the Virtual Office Grandstream GXP2110 product includes:
– We are able to plug the phone in anywhere with an Internet connection and it configures up and works
– We enjoy the convenience of being able to forward to our cell-phone, but the message left will still be on our work phone rather than transferred over to our cell phone messaging system – it helps with keeping work and customers in an organized place but allowing us to pick-up the phone whenever and wherever to better assist our customers
– Users can be in charge of their own system with instant access to a web portal designed for easy-use
– Any call unanswered by a single user is placed in their missed-call cue, it’s a great way for us to keep track of who’s called in to the company
– I’m able to view call logs for all users at the company
– With virtual office we never have to pay another maintenance fee
– The company is covered for all software updates and handsets that need to be replaced
– All of the employees are given individual DID’s with our current main number
– The use of desk-top faxing is convenient and fast
– Users can twin their cell phone and their desk phone to ring at the same time
– We do a lot of conference calling and it’s nice to have the capability to conference in up to 4 people
Contact Integrated Communications to learn more about our personal experience with the Virtual Office product, for pricing options, and to see the phone system for yourself today – also call if you are interested in learning about other business phone options, network solutions, or to get reviews on any product you may currently be interested in!
Integrated Communications: (763) 201-8000
The Pros and Cons of Hosted pbx
These days, everyone wants to go hosted! From email and web hosting to phone systems in “the cloud”, hosted solutions are becoming more prevalent in technology and telecom. So, what does this mean for you as the business consumer and are you supposed to move to a hosted phone system in this ever-changing technological world? Well, there are definite advantages to going hosted, as well as some drawbacks. Learn more about hosted phone systems before making your decision by outweighing the pros and the cons, and depicting how it all pertains to your business.
PROS of Hosted pbx:
– Your business can get brand new phones with little to no capital investment
– There aren’t any on-going maintenance or service charges
– It is a very versatile system – allowing you to make changes “on-the-fly” through designated portals
– Often-times equip with the newest features, and consistent FREE ongoing software updates for cutting-edge technology
– If your Internet goes down, your incoming callers (potential customers) will still get your voice mail and you will be able to retrieve those messages
– Generally, hosted phone systems are a great choice for small businesses (5-10 employees) with potential growth
CONS of Hosted pbx:
– Without enough bandwidth and a stable Internet connection, you are prone to voice quality issues
– If your Internet goes down, you are without voice AND Internet, as they are all connected
– Often-times unable to “customize” aspects of the phone system
– May cost more over a longer period of time than a traditional premise-based phone system (if you plan on utilizing a phone system, or have owned one in the past for over 10 years, premised-based systems are the most cost effective)
– The provider hosting your phone system may not be able to make changes to your system fast enough, and may not provide you total control into a portal to do so yourself (dependent upon carrier)
– You are not in complete control to manage your phone system, as you are dependent upon the provider
Either way you take your business – hosted or premise-based – technology continues to thrive and strive as systems transform and change with every year; neither choice is the wrong choice, it’s all about finding the choice that fits your companies’ needs the best. Be sure you are working with the right provider who has your best interest in mind, and are well informed before you make your final decision.
Business Phone and Internet Testimonial
After completing our recent MPLS conversion, I wanted to express our sincere appreciation for all of the great service Integrated Communications has provided. We have worked with [Integrated employees] over the course of the past two years and quickly realized we made a wise choice in selecting your services for our telecom networking needs.
With the relationships you have with all of the local service providers, it is clear that we could leverage these relationships to our advantage and get the best service for the best price for our organization.
Nate Young provided us with a select list of local service providers that were interested in providing MPLS service to our organization. Once we made the decision on our service provider, this is where we really appreciated our relationship with Integrated Communications.
Thalina, we could tell from our very first meeting that you had our best interest in mind. When there were any questions about dates, deadlines, and scheduling, you were relentless to make sure we had the proper people from the telecom, your organization, as well as Tiller Corporation involved. Basically, you provided superior project management service!
After reviewing each of our four installations, the implementation at every location was successful because of the thorough planning and scheduling that was managed by you and your staff. When dates from the telecom were delayed, you asked the right questions and kept the project moving forward. The services that Integrated Communications provided are a value that any company needing telecommunication services should consider.
We are proud to have established a long-term relationship with Integrated Communications and look forward to working with you in the future.
Gene A. Schaff | Director of IT | Tiller Corporation
*A Tiller Corporation testimonial regarding Integrated Communications Business Phone and Internet services*