Businesses nowadays often want their employees to constantly stay in touch with the office or the customers through their mobile devices. However, while workplace responsibilities are important, employees also usually want their personal emails, music, books, games, contacts, and other apps within reach. Carrying two devices, one for business and the other for personal use, seems absurd in this day and age. Today, smart phones, tablets, and other convenient pocket-sized technologies condense everything a user loves into one compact device that’s easy to carry. The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) approach saves companies the trouble of having to buy each worker a device, but billing can be a nightmare when it comes to deciding who’s paying for what and how much. Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking is the answer for separating personal use from professional use on the same device, and its implementation can save businesses time, money, and aggravation.
The Need for SIP Trunking
When employees route calls and emails from the office through a personal device, they are stuck with paying for the connection and any other data downloads. If they want to avoid paying for business usage on their personal accounts, they need to carry two devices, which isn’t convenient or desirable. For a business, this can translate into poor communication, which ultimately affects productivity.
Setting up a stipend for such purposes is complicated at best, as usage will vary from employee to employee and from time to time. The additional problem of sorting through itemized bills to differentiate between personal and professional use of the mobile device is an enormous waste of time and resources. SIP Trunking easily resolves both issues.
The Advantages of SIP Trunking
Most people want one mobile device for both their career and personal needs. Employees often need to be professionally available at almost all times, so they must have the power to connect to their organization, colleagues, and customers. Softphone applications are the answer to dividing connection usage and billing. In recent times, softphone applications have improved tremendously, and can now provide reliable, quality communication over a mobile or wi-fi connection. Registered to the company business, the softphone application allows an employee to connect remotely for calls, emails, etc., and then bill the company for that usage.
Besides saving employees the trouble of carrying multiple devices or spending their own money on business expenses, SIP Trunking makes it easier for employers to determine productivity and hold employees accountable for the use of company resources. It’s important to keep in mind, though, that a softphone application is only a means to an end. Much like paying for travel and food expenses, businesses must determine their own usage budgets per employee and how much will be reimbursed.
The BYOD trend in the business world is now the answer to carrying around different devices for business and personal use. As technology has streamlined wants and needs into singular device options, distinguishing between home and office billing has become increasingly important in order to ensure optimal use and fair expenditure breakdowns. SIP Trunking connects everyone in the company to the global communications network. It solves yesterday’s technology problems and increases productivity, while also resulting in happier employees who can feel like they have it all today.
Business today is fast and precise, requiring the latest options to streamline communication. Whether it’s long distance phone calls or other communications technology, companies must be able to manage multiple locations and remote employees while keeping expenses minimal.
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking is a modern, economical answer. It enables businesses to simplify by streamlining communications, resources, and lowering costs while maintaining quality results. This adaptable solution takes incoming calls received via computer or mobile phone, rather than an office landline, saving time and space. Its effective packing and distribution of communication makes a business more effective and efficient.
Here are some more benefits for making the switch:
- A large-scale investment is not necessary to outfit a business with an SIP trunking option. It is low cost, affordable, and an immediate integration option.
- SIP trunking means working with fewer providers. This eliminates extra subscriptions and fees. It also means one monthly invoice and charge, simplifying the billing process.
- Customer service will involve only one company and one telephone number.
- Purchasing a circuit bundle is a money-saving option with some SIP trunking providers.
- SIP trunking offers pricing on demand. Businesses only need pay for what they require and only when they need it, including extra capacity when necessary.
- There are no requirements for separate data or voice circuits. SIP trunking simplifies technology to make one network and is capable of providing optimal communication at each location.
- Remote employees can have incoming business calls routed automatically to their own phones or computers.
- Alternate extensions or different numbers can receive calls for closed office hours or busy lines.
- SIP trunking eliminates the need of planning communication during times of low usage. It can be rerouted to different devices and locations when necessary.
- SIP trunking provides professional communication services to clients no matter their location, creating trust, loyalty, and long-term relationships. This option also promotes production and enhances communication between employees.
- SIP trunking can be combined with other cloud-based services.
The benefits of SIP trunking cover a range of advantages. This single streamlining solution can be a business’s best choice for operating an entire network under the umbrella of one entity. Dealing with one solution provider means questions and issues are resolved faster and in an organized, intelligent way. The perks of flexible usage and receiving optimal bandwidth on demand can make the difference between a company’s growth or a stall in productivity.
While IP PBX may help with streamlining voice management and company continuity, it may not promote the healthier advantages offered by SIP trunking. Communication with this option can be easy and trouble-free in every business environment while keeping costs modest.